As you may already know, Gmail is Google’s email service provider boasting over 1,000 million active users worldwide. Gmail started out competing against already established giants, Yahoo and Hotmail, but has beaten them over the years as they are constantly updating it to make users have a better emailing experience. Gmail offers over 15,000 megabytes of space, spam protection, available in over 35 languages, works in most browsers and best of all, its 100% free. Gmail has implemented many cool features that are yet to be available in any other email service. For instance, have you ever sent an email without attaching a document you mentioned you had attached? well, Google automatically detects that you did not attach any document and informs you about it. Also, Have you ever sent out an email by mistake? if so, you will be relieve to learn that Google lets you “undo send” emails (you have a few seconds after you’ve sent it). What are you waiting for? Create a Gmail account to start enjoying all the great features Gmail has to offer.
You already have a Gmail account but are having issues trying to sign into it? The tutorial below will guide you step by step how to perform a gmail login or gmail sign in.
Gaining access to your Gmail account is fast and easy. All you will be asked to enter is your username and your password which you chose when you first created your Gmail account.
1- The first step would be to go to the Gmail interface where you will be asked to enter your username and your password. So, open another tab/window on your browser and type http://gmail.com or go to it directly by clicking the following link —> Gmail.com.
2- Now that you are on the Gmail website/login screen, proceed to enter your username or email (its the same) where it says “Email” and your password where it says “password.”
3- After your have typed both, your username and password, click on the large blue button that says “Sign in” .
4- If both, your username and password are correct, you should be redirected to your Gmail interface where you can send and read emails.
5- However, If either your username or password is wrong then they Gmail will tell you and you should try typing them again as you may have made a mistake. But if after 2-3 tries, you are unable to login to your email then please click Recover Gmail password to try to reset your password or recover it.
Watch the following video if it is easier your you to see it happen:
Issues with your Gmail login?
It happens from time to time that you may have typed your username or password wrong by mistake or that you simply forgot your username or password. So, if you are having issues with your Gmail sign in information, then it could either be that you have entered a wrong password or a wrong username. In most cases, the password is what tends to be wrong the most as Gmail hides the characters with asterisks to protect your password from people looking over your shoulder or hackers. After a few unsuccessful tries trying to gain access to your email, I suggest you type your password in any text box or notepad then copy and paste it in the password text-box in the Gmail login screen. If that does not work then its time for you to consider changing your Gmail password.
Tips & Tricks
- Something that I have done myself when I am pretty sure that the password I am typing into google is the correct one but Google keeps telling me it is not is that I open up notepad and type the password and then copy and paste it into the password text-box in the gmail login page. If you follow this tip, you will be pretty certain that what you are typing is what you actually want to type as the password will not be masked with asterisks. Also, you might also notice if the reason why your password is being marked as incorrect is because its on cap locks or missing a letter/number.
- If the above tip did not work then you should try making a list of all the password you remember and then trying each one to see if it is the correct password for your Gmail account.
- If you have done everything I have mentioned above but none of it has worked then I highly recommend you to consider resetting your password as it is basically the only option you have. Check out my other tutorial about Gmail password recovery.
Gmail’s most notable features
- 15,300 Megabytes of space (still increasing)
- The feature to “undo send” after your have sent an accidental email.
- Searching for emails
- Importing other email accounts into your Gmail account
- Gmail will send you a notification to your desktop, laptop or cellphone once you receive an email.
- You have the option of having multiple inboxes in the email interface.
- You may “star” important emails
- Easy, secure and fast Gmail Sign in and Gmail Login