Gmail, Google’s email service was first launched in 2004 in beta mode and by invite only. In order for you to create a Gmail account, you needed to know someone with a Gmail account so it was kind of exclusive. I remember being amazed by the simple yet cool design of Gmail and all of its amazing features. At the time Gmail was just another competitor to Yahoo and Hotmail but it soon became the dominant one as it started offering a lot more of space than the others. As of right now, Gmail offers 15.3 GB of free space and 300 TB if you pay for it. In conclusion, Gmail is the best there is as it is easy, quick and free. I personally recommend all my friends and family to use Gmail as their official email service provider because it is safe and secure. Also, having a Gmail account means being able to enjoy all the other free services that Google offers such as Google’s social network (Google Plus), Google Docs, Google Keep, Google Music, Google Adsense, Google Adwords, Google Drive, Google News, Google Maps, google search, Google Analytics, calendar, wallet and dozens more.
What is Gmail?
Google launched Gmail after Hotmail and Yahoo, however, Gmail has become the most commonly used email service. Sign up for Gmail is free. You can sign up for multiple Gmail accounts and use just one phone number to confirm multiple Gmail accounts. With Gmail, you can store mail up to 15G. About privacy, there is no need to worry because Google is always one of the safest online service providers today. Having a Gmail account will help you:
- Send and receive email messages easily and quickly wherever you are with just an Internet connection.
- Sign, use and synchronize with all Google services such as Gmail, Google Maps, Google Play, YouTube, Google Plus, Google Driver …
- Use a Gmail account to sign up for online accounts like Facebook, Twitter, …
- Send documents and attachments easily. For files with large capacities, Google will support you to Upload to Google Drive and share.
- Download apps, games and books from Google Play
Notes before creating a Gmail account
- You should delete Cache and browser history before creating a Gmail account. The reason is that if someone or you have ever used that browser to sign up for Gmail, you will be asked to confirm signing up for Gmail though mobile phone. However, the verification though telephone number will help to secure your account better (You can use a phone number for multiple Gmail accounts).
- Prepare a telephone number to receive SMS containing a verification code.
- Google allows one person to create multiple Gmail accounts but if you tend to create multiple accounts for whatever purposes, they can be all deleted.
Gmail Signup / Create a Gmail account
Creating a Gmail account is easy and fast, it will probably take you less than 1 minute. The first steps are to enter your personal information and choose your own username and password. Your personal information would be basic stuff such as your first name, last name, birth date, and gender.
This tutorial will guide you step by step how to create your own Gmail account.
By following the following steps, you should be able to create your own Gmail account in a few minutes.
- 1- First, type in your favorite web browser, http://Gmail.com, then click on the “create a new account” link or simply go directly to the Gmail Sign-up page by clicking this link –> Create Gmail Account.
2- You should be seeing a form like the one on the left. Choose your username & password and enter all the information requested such as first name, last name, birthday, gender, location etc.
Trouble with your Gmail Login?
3- After that’s done, enter the captcha code and click “Next Step”. If everything was filled out correctly, your account has been successfully created.
4- Now that you have created your Gmail account, click Gmail Sign in to learn how to login to Gmail.
If you have any question about the information asked on the signup form above, please see the description below of what you should type in each field.
Name: in this box, you should use your real first and last name as that is how you will appear on Google Plus (Google’s social network) and YouTube
Username: Choose a whatever username you wish as long as it has not been taken. Your email would be: YOURCHOSENUSERNAME@GMAIL.COM. Remember, you will need to know the username & password in order to sign in to Gmail.
Password: Think of a password that would be easy to remember but hard to guess by others. I highly recommend using capitalized letters and number for extra security. Remember that you need to memorize your password in order to login to Gmail.
Confirm Password: Type the same password you typed in the “password” field to confirm it.
Birthday: You need to be over 13 years old in order to be able to create a Gmail account so please enter your birthday details such as month, day and year.
Gender: Select your biological gender, Male or Female.
Mobile Phone: I recommend entering a legit cell phone number because Google would only contact you in case someone tries to hack into your Gmail account or access from an unknown location. Also, if you ever forget your password, Google will send you a text message to your mobile phone to recover your Gmail password or username.
Current Email Address: If you already have an email address from another email service provider or even from Google, please enter it as it could be use as an alternative email which Google will use to try to recover your password or username in case you forget it.
Prove that you’re not a robot: Enter the letters or digits that appear in the image. Google does this to prevent spam and robot creating fake accounts.
Location: Select your country of residence.